Thursday, September 10, 2009

Crazy Love and a worthy cause

A friend is involved in putting on this event below, so I am gladly sharing information to promote this worthy cause.

It can be a terrible thing to have a secret that you don't think you can share with anyone. Living a life where there is something terribly wrong, whether it is your health, a loved one's illness, a problem in your marriage, or the domestic abuse this event is raising funds to protect against...one of the worst parts is the loneliness of feeling that you are fighting a battle and suffering alone. We all need help and support at times, and no woman should ever be in the shoes of the speaker highlighted below.

Unfortunately, it does happen. My college roommate volunteered at a shelter, and helped me get inside the heads of both the victims and perpetrators by recommending I read "Men Who Hate Women and the Women Who Love Them. " Thank GOD my background is such that I could not understand how any person could believe they have no choice, or deserve such treatment. The book above helped me see how it can happen.

I have friends and family who have survived this in their own first marriages. It appalls me every time I think about it, that the beautiful, talented, smart, loving women that I call friends, could ever have thought this was the best life had to offer them. And I am SO glad they got out. It freaks me out to think I may know someone today who is still in this kind of relationship...I have some that I "get a feeling" about, but I hope hope hope I am wrong.

I am already booked the evening this is happening, but if you happen to be free and in San Jose, you might want to consider attending this event--I bet it will be very interesting. And if, like me, you have a calendar conflict, then at least click the link for Next Door Solutions to Domestic Violence and check out what they do and what they need.

Cover of the book
"If you and I met at one of our children's birthday parties, in the hallway at work, or at a neighbor's barbecue, you'd never guess my secret: that as a young woman I fell in love with and married a man who beat me regularly and nearly killed me."'

Author Leslie Morgan Steiner


Click
HERE to register for Surviving Crazy Love and Mommy Wars: An evening with Leslie Morgan Steiner

Oct 8, 2009 5:30-8:30pm

FOR MORE INFO, CLICK
HERE



No comments:

Post a Comment